The lovely DaisyBisley nominated me for the Liebster Award!
Here are the basic rules for being nominated:
- Share 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you asked
- Create 11 questions to ask the 11 people you nominate
- Nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers and let them know they’ve been nominated
1. I am random and love many things. 2. I like to read but I don’t like to re-read blog posts so I frequently have dumb editing mistakes. 3. I do not like listening to the same music over and over. I hate it when the same album plays repeatedly. 4. I’m a fan of watching tv and blogging at the same time, which also probably explains minor mistakes in my blog posts. 5. I love animals, especially cats, puppies, and ponies. 6. I’m a foodie. 7. I get scared easily. 8. I love to laugh. 9. I love action movies especially with Jason Stratham. 10. I am ticklish. Pedicures are sometimes a bit much when they rub or scrub the bottom of my feet. 11. Showtime has some of my most favorite television shows, like Dexter, Californication, Weeds, House of Lies, Homeland, Shameless, and the L Word. (However FX is another network with a lot of my favorite shows, Archer, Justified, and The League)
My answers to DaisyBisley‘s questions:
1. What is your favourite book? In high school, I would have immediately said, “Atlas Shrugged”. I’ve recently read, “The Magicians” by Lev Grossman which is a wonderful blend of the Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter, and life after college. I’m now reading the sequel, “The Magician King“.
2. What’s the one city you’ve always wanted to visit? I’ve always wanted to visit New Zealand, specifically the South Island. I’d also love to revisit Italy and the French countryside.
3. What are your top 3 albums of all time? This is hard because I don’t re-listen to music over and over. I love Pandora and Spotify. I am able to easily say My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy-Kanye West is my top favorite album. Some other front runners are Come Away with Me by Norah Jones.
4. Why did you start blogging? I was inspired by Jen Lancaster. She turned to blogging when she lost her job and she’s absolutely hilarious. I love her humor, her Chicago references and her perspective on kids. Mr. F and I already had a supervillan. It was our first cat, Foosa. This is the look she used to give our friends when they came over and she didn’t like them. The comic strip Get Fuzzy perfectly captures Foosa’s spirit.
5. Star Trek or Star Wars? Mr. F and I just had this conversation the other day after watching the new Star Trek movie. I prefer Star Wars because I like fantasy. Mr. F prefers Star Trek because he love science fiction.
6. What’s your favourite blog at the moment? My heart breaks for Emily who just lost her dad. I love her blog em=me also known as the Doctors Fleming.
7. What’s your favourite recipe? I don’t really cook but my most favorite recipe that I make is the Pioneer Woman’s Christmas Rum Cake.
8. If you could learn a new skill what would it be? Is it possible to learn how to have a photographic memory? I want to be like Lexi Grey from Grey’s Anatomy.
9. If you could invent anything you want, what would it be? I would like calorie free, healthy, yet great tasting french fries. I would like all my favorite foods removed of unhealthy side effects.
10. Favourite TV show of all time? Grey’s Anatomy is my guilty pleasure but Arrested Development is the only show that I can rewatch over enjoy it every time.
11. If this character was a real person, what fictional character would be your best friend? When I was a kid, I would have chosen, Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables, Princess Leia, or Dagny Taggart from Atlas Shrugged. I might have said Tyrion, if I wasn’t in the books but that’s pretty dark. Mr. F wants John Carter of Mars but then he reminded me of the characters in Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. Art3mis would be an awesome best friend.
Create 11 questions to ask the 11 people you nominate:
1. What do your favorite hobbies say about you? I like to read, talk alot, yoga, playing with my cats, eat good food and be entertained. Like I mentioned earlier, I’m pretty random.
2. What are your top 3 favorite children’s books? My favorite children’s books are the Wizard of Oz series, especially Ozma of Oz. Nancy Drew, the Boxcar Children and the Anne of Green Gables series are also my favorites.
3. What are your top 3 favorite books that you’ve read recently? Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster, the Magicians by Lev Grossman, and Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.
4. What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Folding laundry.
5. What super hero power would you want? Flying
6. Who is your celebrity doppleganger? When I was younger, I looked like Jessica Alba in Dark Angel. Yes, I am wearing a costume for our school’s production of “A Midsummer’s Night Dream”. I was Hermia.
7. Do you have a go to dance move? Jumping up and down, smiling and laughing
8. What songs are included in the soundtrack of your life? Runaway by Kanye West, Silver Linings by Kasey Musgraves, A Kiss to Build a Dream On by Louis Armstrong
9. What was one of the best parties that you’ve ever been to? Mr. F’s and my wedding. We had so much fun dancing with all of our closest friends and family.
10. When was the last time you were nervous? I was nervous to meet my best friend, Andy Mac’s new boyfriend, last weekend. On Saturday, I was really excited to meet him and had so many expectations so when she texted me that she was on her way back from the airport, I waited on the end of her sailboat until they walked down the dock. I was surprised how easy it was to like spending time with him. He’s just like Andrea and he reminds me of some of my guy friends in college!
Nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers and let them know they’ve been nominated
My good friend, Julia at Sessions with Sweetie
Cardigans and Couture is a college connection that gives me sweet Pacific NW fashion advice with a DC flair.
I also wanted to nominate Confessions of a Northern Belle (even she has a fast growing fan base over 200 followers). I’ve been impressed from her first blog posts to creating a strong blogging presence with lots of sponsors.
I’m failing to find 11 bloggers with under 200 followers!
Some of my favorite smaller bloggers like my cousin, Colleen, my college friend and matron of honor, have stopped blogging. A few other favorite bloggers have made their blogs private and write primarily about their families. I also have a few favorite Chicago bloggers like Curly in the City and Breakfast at Toast who have huge fan bases. The Mermaid Chronicles is another new favorite blog but she also has more than 200 fans! My top favorite bloggers, the Doctors Fleming, Fairy Tales are True, the Pioneer Woman, and Jen Lancaster inspire me every day but have thousands of followers! (Technically I named 11 but didn’t officially nominate them all!)
Last but not least, Story of My Life is another new favorite blog (with tons of followers).
A vivid memory of mine would be bringing my great-grandmother, Lola Lola, fresh cherries. Lola Lola lived to be 107 and passed away when I was in middle school. Lola Lola spoke English but most responded to us in Tagalog. She loved it when we came over with our cat, Grey Kitty too.
One of my clearest memories was my mom cutting branches from our cherry trees and bringing them to her grandmother, so Lola could pick the cherries herself, in the comfort of her own home. It would have been in July and the cherries were reddish yellow Rainer cherries.