I was inspired to blog when one of my favorite blogs Em=Me, now known as the Doctors Fleming, featured a five things list. It’s hard to limit it to only five things, but here I go.
1. I love taking photos. I take photos of everything. It helps that I live in a beautiful city with mountains, lots of trees, and water. It’s also spring so there’s lots blooming. It also helps that my husband loves to cook and makes beautiful plate presentations.This is our lovely salmon dinner from the other night.
Some people call me, “paparazzi”. I kind of like it.
I’m not sure you can tell, but I have a really hard time writing blog posts without including photos. Now I just have to include pictures of my cats…. This is Lily today, enjoying the sun while I work.
2. I really love meeting new and old friends, especially over a good meal. Since we’ve moved back to Seattle, it’s been fun catching up with old college buddies, family and previous co-workers. I caught up with my new co-worker, Nicole, over lunch today. Since I work from home, I really like to make lunch and dinner dates, especially with my husband.
3. I love being pampered. I’m not sure where this comes from, perhaps it’s after working at a dermatology clinic, I understand how important your skin really is and how it should be properly moisturized. If I could rationalize getting spa massages and facials all the time, plus getting a mani/pedi regularly, I would. Fortunately, only getting spa treatments every once and awhile makes it even more special.
4. I am a cat person. I adore my two cats, Lily Thomas and Lyra. If I’m not taking pictures of food or scenery, it’s of my kitties. They love to sleep near me while I’m working during the day.
5. I hate saying no, because I want to do everything. I’m always curious about new things whether it happens to be a new food, city, book or clothes. I’m reading a new book called, “I Can Barely Take Care of Myself: Tales From a Happy Life Without Kids” by Jen Kirkman and there’s a great quote that made me laugh. “Life is like a closet full of clothes-you can have it all, but it doesn’t mean that you should. I can wear four cardigan sweaters all at once with a pair of sweatpants over my jeans- but it doesn’t mean that I should.”
What are five things about you?
Afterthought, I’m pretty random. I just watched the Silver Linings Playbook and I LOVED it. Jennifer Lawrence is amazing and so is Bradley Cooper. Robert de Niro was charming too. It reminded me of Forrest Gump and One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest but happier. I highly recommend it, if you haven’t seen it already.