When I travel, I want to be comfortable. It may seem logical, but I like to remind myself every time to stick to the basics.
1. Pack at least a day or two before.
I prefer make a list while packing, so I remember what’s in my suitcase. The night before, I usually remember a few extra items to pack, as I’m drifting off to sleep.
2. Pick a few movies that you’ve been meaning to watch, and put them on your computer, phone, or iPod. Also bring several books, magazines, etc. [This may not be applicable if you’re driving and not flying!]
3. Wear stretchy materials for the trip, with extra layers you can take on and off.
4. Drink water! If driving, bring several water bottles. If flying, bring an empty water container, or buy one in the airport.
5. Bring snacks like granola bars, nuts, and dried fruit.
[If you’re flying with my grandmother, she always brings a dozen sandwiches, fresh fruits, nuts and dried fruit. She even brought pudding packs with her through security! They must have realized she was harmless!]